Nora's Tried and True Recipes!!

Healthy Recipes that will suit almost anybody's palette! Enjoy!!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Honey-Lemon Brussels sprouts and Carrots!

Picture not available at the moment! Forgot...lol!

OK...I am the first to admit...I have always detested Brussel Sprouts! In fact..I could have cared less if I ever had them again! UNTIL NOW!!! I decided to serve these babies for Thanks Giving. Friends of ours love sprouts and they were coming for dinner. So I dug up this recipe! A keeper!

Honey-Lemon Brussels Sprouts and Carrots!

Yield: 8 servings (1/2c each)

NI: 80 calories, 3g fat, 3g fiber!

Ingredients:

3c (16-20) Brussels sprouts (12 oz)
2 1/2c baby-cut carrots (12 oz)
1c water
2 tbsp butter or margarine (I used becel)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

1. Trim Brussels sprouts. Cut small "X" in stem end, about 1/4 inch deep. If Brussels sprouts are very large, cut in half. In 2 quart saucepan, place Brussels sprouts and carrots; add water. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Cover and boil 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.

2. Add remaining ingredients to vegetables, toss to coat. Spoon into serving bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home