Nora's Tried and True Recipes!!

Healthy Recipes that will suit almost anybody's palette! Enjoy!!!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Grilled Salmon With Dill Sauce!



I guess you know by now I LOVE fish and Seafood. I have Salmon once a week every week so I like to try various methods of preparation. This was our latest feature and it scored well!

Grilled Salmon Wit Dill Sauce!

Recipe is from Taste of Home's Light and Tasty Cookbook, July 2007.

Yield:6 servings (4 oz of salmon with 2 tbsp sauce, per serving)

NI:235 calories, 13g fat (3g is saturated), just a trace of fiber

Ingredients:

1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
3/4 tsp salt (I only used 1/4 tsp)
3/4 tsp pepper (I used 1/2)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
6 salmon fillets (4oz each)

Sauce:

1/4c reduced fat sour cream (I used fat free)
1/4c fat free plain yogurt
1/4c fat free mayonnaise
1 green onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp snipped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dill weed. (I used the dill weed but in the future would opt for fresh!!)

Instructions:

In a small bowl, combine the ginger, cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne; rub over fillets. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over high heat for 5-10 minutes depending on thickness, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients, serve at room temperature with the grilled salmon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home