Nora's Tried and True Recipes!!

Healthy Recipes that will suit almost anybody's palette! Enjoy!!!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Thai Curry Soup with Shrimp!


Thai Curry Soup With Shrimp!1-10 (8)

I do not have much experience when it comes to Thai food. That being said....I think this soup is worth a try! David and I enjoyed it. I think I would change one or two things next time I make it though!


Weight Watchers Five and Under Cookbook!Yield: 6 (1c) servings
NI: 224 calories, 7g fat, 2g fiber

Ingredients:

1 pound frozen cooked, peeled medium shrimp
1 (12oz) can evaporated fat-free milk
1c light unsweetened coconut milk
1c water
2 tbsp red, yellow, or massaman bottled Thai curry paste (I only had red, next time I would use the yellow for better presentation)
1 (9oz) package frozen French-styled green beans (I would use fresh next time)
3 oz rice noodles
6 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
6 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts(we used half of this as we had never had nuts in soup before) points value was reduced by .5 per serving.

Instructions:
Place the shrimp in a colander in the sink; rinse with cold running water, tossing occasionally, until thawed, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels, set aside.

Meanwhile, combine the evaporated milk, coconut milk, water, and curry paste in a soup pot or Dutch oven set over high heat; bring just to a simmer. Add the green beans and rice noodles; bring back to a simmer. Adjust the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are just tender, 8-10 minutes.

Stir in the shrimp and continue cooking until heated through, about 3 minutes more. Ladle into bowls and top each portion with 1 tbsp of the cilantro and 1 tbsp of the peanuts. (I only used half the nuts)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 4, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home