Nora's Tried and True Recipes!!

Healthy Recipes that will suit almost anybody's palette! Enjoy!!!

Friday, October 17, 2008

SPICY SHRIMP AND FETTUCINE!!


I had dinner all planned out and then saw this recipe in one of my books. My mouth started to water so I thought it was best I pulled a swithceroo..lol! I am glad I did! Fast, Easy, Tasty and on the Healthier side!!! Try it!

SPICY SHRIMP AND FETTUCCINE!

Yield: 4 servings

NI: 414 calories, 8.7g fat, 3.3g fiber

Ingredients:

8 oz uncooked fettuccine
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2c chopped plum tomato (about 5)
2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.

Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add red pepper and garlic to pan; saute 1 minute. Add shrimp; saute 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients (through salt) bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pasta; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.

Place 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; Top each serving with 1 tbsp cheese. Serve immediately.

I served a small spinach salad with this to complete the meal without the extra weight watcher points to worry about!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home